Atlanta, GA – January 22, 2021 – Sheltering Arms is pleased to announce the appointment of a new board chair and addition of nine new members.
Martha Greenway, founder and president of Greenway Strategy Group, previously served as vice chair and will now step into the role of chair, succeeding Leona Rapelye, vice president at UPS Capital, who will continue to serve as a board member. New members include: Keith Browning, Bobbi Cleveland, Ben Collier, Joni Deus, Jesse Killings, Obi Okwara, Celena Matlock, Akin Tuboku-Metzger, and Kathryn Valentine.
“We are pleased to welcome this diverse group of leaders to our board,” said President and CEO Blythe Keeler Robinson. “They each bring a wealth of knowledge, talent and expertise to the table. We are fortunate to have them with us as we continue to support families, address inequities in education, opportunity and family stability, and prepare children for future success.”
- Keith Browning is managing director, Strategic Sourcing Team at Delta Airlines. Keith manages over $1B of global spend by partnering with business units and suppliers to deliver results and enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of Delta’s supply chain management function.
- Bobbi Cleveland is recently retired from her role as executive director for The Tull Charitable Foundation where for 33 years she supported Georgia-based non-profit organizations to serve thousands of vulnerable families.
- Ben Collier is a lead business operations consultant at Chick-fil-A. He focuses on leading and developing talent and field operations strategy. He operates as a coach to SVPs, and leads as a consultant for primary business partners. Prior to Chick-fil-A, Ben worked in human capital consulting at SunTrust and Deloitte.
- Joni Deus is senior director of Partnerships at Mailchimp, where she oversees business and product strategy for building out, launching and driving scalable global partner programs. Her areas of expertise include strategic partnerships and alliances, product and program strategy and development, and go-to-market strategy.
- Jesse Killings is vice president of Operations for Southern Company Gas subsidiaries: Atlanta Gas Light and Chattanooga Gas. In this role, he is responsible for ensuring the company’s operational excellence in delivering clean, safe, reliable, affordable natural gas to more than 616,000 customers in Georgia and Tennessee.
- Celena Matlock is senior vice president, Internal Audit for Aerion Supersonic. In this role, Celena is responsible for Internal Audit, Financial Compliance, and the broader Enterprise Risk Management function. Matlock is a business leader in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and partners with businesses on culture assessments and thought leadership paired with strategy on the development and execution of DEI initiatives.
- Obi Okwara is a manager and consultant at Bain & Company where he works with firms to address key issues in strategy and operations. Obi’s clients include major beverage, retailer and health care organizations.
- Akin Tuboku-Metzger is the head of Corporate Trust and Escrow Services, a business line within Truist Financial Corporation that has grown into one of the leading providers of corporate trustee, custody, and escrow product services.
- Kathryn Valentine is a partner at Valaris Consulting, where she helps consumer companies achieve their growth targets. She specializes in apparel, innovation and consumer insights.
Returning board members include:
- Martha Greenway, Greenway Strategy Group LLC – Chair
- John Pelick, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta – Vice Chair
- Dan Goerlich, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP – Treasurer
- Nicole Layne, The Home Depot – Secretary
- Leona Rapelye, UPS Capital – Immediate Past Chair
- Martha Abbott-Shim, Georgia State University Professor Emerita
- Walter Appleby, Georgia-Pacific
- Leah Austin, Schott Foundation
- Kathy Bremer, BoardWalk Consulting
- Kevin Hamada, UPS
- Talbert Hill, Preschool Solutions Inc.
- Brian Holmes, Dentons
- Jackie Hopkins, Edelman
- Safia Icgoren, Urban Sprout Farms
- Lori Kaczynski, Graphic Packaging International Inc.
- Andrew McConnell, Rented.com
- Ursula McNeill, Human Resources Executive
- John Morabito, RBC Wealth Management
- Lizz Patrick, Patrick Law Group LLC
- Grant Rivera, Marietta City Schools
- Yasmin Tyler-Hill, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Kay Vermeulen, Carter’s
- Patrick Warren, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Sheltering Arms also wishes to thank its outgoing board members for their years of service, support and leadership to the organization: Jeff Kammerer, PricewaterhouseCoopers (ret.); Helen Cease, Truist; and Michelle Horstemeyer, PulteGroup, Inc.
ABOUT SHELTERING ARMS
Sheltering Arms is one of the largest and longest -established early childhood education organization in Georgia, providing high‐quality early education, childcare and comprehensive family support services since 1888. The agency serves more than 3,000 children annually and their families at 13 metropolitan Atlanta locations in Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fulton and Gwinnett counties and consistently meets accreditation standards by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. On average, children attending Sheltering Arms score in the 90th percentile for language and literacy, exceeding developmental milestones for kindergarten readiness. Visit shelteringarmsforkids.com or more information.
# # #